Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Star Trek Into Darkness Summer Festival Japan Premiere Red Carpet

When I originally heard Star Trek was being rebooted, honestly as a long time fan, growing up watching The Next Generation, I was more than a bit concerned about what would happen to the series and cannon. The result was far better than I even imagined, particularly with the cast's characteristics and personalities being spot on with the original crew. I even ended up purchasing the blu-ray when it came out (something I rarely do). And to be honest, the lens flares didn't bother me as much until I heard all the commotion about it, but whatever floats your boat for artistic license.

Now, fast-forward to today. The next film in the new series, Star Trek Into Darkness, premiered in theaters in the US back in May... but I couldn't see it, because the film doesn't come out in Japan until 3 months later, August 23rd. It's now August, and I assumed there are probably some events (this is Tokyo after all), so I figured why not give a chance at entering a few, and see what happens.

I won.

Wait a minute... Holy cow. I won. What's further, the event is a special premiere red carpet event in Roppongi, with JJ Abrams (director), Chris Pine (Kirk), Zachary Quinto (Spock), and Alice Eve (Carol Marcus) attending. Plus, the 'contest' I won selected me as a part of a 20 person special 'Correspondent Crew,' which I believe means I get to maybe meet, greet, ask questions, and have an opportunity to have them sign something - enter 3-disc special edition blu-ray I bought. The cover insert has Kirk on the front and Spock on the back, so I'd much like to have them sign that. Then it will be protected by the plastic cover. Wish me luck!!


By the way, this event takes place at the TOHO Cinema in Roppongi - my favorite theater in Japan. It looks like a space ship!

Also, hooray for 10,000 views! Although I cannot take credit since it's been far too long since my last update... but I will certainly follow up this post! Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home