Friday, December 07, 2012

Well Hello, Earthquake

Well, the last time I was active with this blog was with the 3/11 earthquake last year, so I guess now is as good a time as any to update.

If you haven't heard, there was a rather large M7.3 earthquake off the coast of NE Japan, pretty much in the same spot as the megaquake last March. Wouldn't be surprised it it's an aftershock from last year - I think they mentioned those can go on for 10 years?

Anyways, it was intensity 5- in NE Japan near the epicenter, and we felt an intensity 4 around these parts (central Kanagawa). The earthquake itself was eerily familiar to the megaquake last year. Started out slow, but just wouldn't stop. Then it got larger and larger, and kept going and going. A few things tipped over, but nothing major - everything here is just fine.

I heard there's a Tsunami warning for as high as 1 meter. I imagine everyone in that area is being very careful. I also heard the bullet train stopped, I hope my train is still running. Guess we'll find out. EDIT: Sounds like the bullet train is running again, as is mine.

In short - big earthquake, shook a lot and some things tipped over, but myself and everything here is fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home