Monday, February 20, 2012

Behold, the Power of Cheese

I believe I've finally stumbled upon something more than worthy of breaking the (very unfortunate) silence of my blog over the last several months.

So I'm walking through the grocery store stocking up on a few things and looking for dinner. I make the usual rounds through the produce, meat, deli and dairy, when suddenly...

Behold...

The Power

Of Cheese


Cheese! Real American Cheese!!! Not the crappy Camembert Cheese that looks and tastes like wax. Not the fake processed Kraft slices which taste a little bit better than the wax, but still lack that cheese consistency. Not the super fancy and super expensive stuff you could never make a grilled cheese sandwich out of. This is real cheese in just the right sized block packing, and in 3 good flavors to boot - Cheddar, Monetary Jack and Pepper Jack.

Then I say to myself, "Self... you've seen these cheeses before..."



Crystal Farms?! Wisconsin Cheese!? Made in Lake Falls, WI?!!?? Product of USA?!?! Halleluiah!!!

These are the exact brand of cheese I used to eat all the time back at home. These are also some of the exact cheeses I used to carry back with me after my travels to the USA once or twice a year. Now I can pick them up for five bucks at my local grocer? Alright, one of these days I'm gonna find Bush's Baked Beans lying around somewhere, I know it. I've already got Johnsonville brats.

Oh and a little news on the home front - my company is moving to a new location! So with me being in charge of dismantling and then reconstructing our entire IT infrastructure from scratch, its been more than a wee bit stressful. But hey, its good experience, and I'll know our new network like the back of my hand (at least I should after painstakingly pouring my eyes over the blueprints over a hundred times).

But now that I have some cheese on my side, I think everything will be juuuust fine... hah.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home