Monday, August 13, 2007

Osaka Part 1

Well its late, and I'm extremely tired, so I'm gonna keep this short

So Osaka is pretty cool. Similar to Tokyo, being the 2nd largest city in Japan. It also has a fairly convenient subway system which I'm also very happy about, espc after coming from Kyoto which has... 2 lines.

Today wasn't quite as busy as I've been the past few days, but that was kind of a good thing, cause I'm getting tired out from all this traveling. My friend works from the afternoon till night, so I was able to sleep in and it was great. After some tempura for lunch with my friend and his girlfriend, I headed off to Osaka castle. Unfortunately the current Osaka castle is pretty much a modern museum about the castle constructed awhile back. That did make the place very nice and cool though, so I was ok with that. The history behind the castle is kind of depressing though. No matter how many times they built this thing, it would get destroyed from some war or another.

I spent quite a good amount of time at that castle, and left just about in time to catch the sunset from high up in the Omeda Sky Building near Osaka station. Unfortunately, I got lost on the way there and missed the sunset. Sigh... Although I have to say the night scenery for the place is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. Check it out on my Flickr, I uploaded everything.

The Omeda Sky Building is quite an interesting structure. It's basically 2 towers connected at the top with a giant circle where they connect that has two escalators spanning out over the opening between the two towers. Those escalators lead up to the observation levels. There an inside observation level, but the best part about the Sky Tower is the open air top floor observatory though. Perfect for taking pictures. Just breathtaking.

After that, I met up with my friend back in Nanba around 10:30 to go eat some Okonomiyaki. Osaka is famous for Takoyaki and Okonomiyaki and such, so I finally got a chance to experience the real deal Okonomiyaki! And boy it was pretty good!

Tomorrow we're going to Wakayama, which I believe is west of Osaka, to go to a beach. And believe it or not, I just happened to freak coincidence bring my swin suit with. Woo! It costs a little to get out there, but I'm not paying for lodging, so thats my reasoning for forking out the money, haha. I leave back for Tokyo on the night of the 14th, so that still leaves me tomorrow and the day after to tour a little bit more of Osaka, and I was thinking about going to see the most famous Castle in Japan - Himeji

Ok, time for some much needed sleep, I can't believe how late it is. Lookin forward to tomorrow though, if I can wake up that is >_<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home