Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Hemp Haircut

Finally got my hair(s)cut today for the first time since coming back to Japan. It was rather long, so it felt good to shed a couple pounds off my head. I was much overdue.


I went to this place that Ishiakawa-san goes to in Shake (same station as work) called Hemp... and I'm pretty sure its a reference to what you think it is. The sign for this place was this huge graffiti style sign with a Jamaican kind of color scheme. His car (van) was also tricked out with a skirt and flames paint job. The store itself had a whole assortment interesting knick-knacks and stuff as well.

But the guy was... just a normal nice guy. I guess that kind of stuff is just his hobby (in a good way). My haircut actually turned out not to bad either. Much better than the $35 haircut I got in Tokyo 3 years ago where I left it up to the barber and he gave me a... mullet. Yes a mullet. man I'll never forget that.

Anyways thats that. Got my hair cut in Japan and it turned out pretty good. Cool.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Parsons said...

Knick Knacks?
Do you mean paraphernalia?

What's the address of your previous barber? I could really use a barber that's familiar with mullets. Every time I get my hair cut the gals doing the cutting kill my mullet!
This makes the wife unhappy. :-)

E

6/07/2010 11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home