Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bank Account Win!

Shinsei Ginko, the bank where I had an account up to 3 years ago when I studied abroad - since my address bounced back when they tried to mail me something, it's been frozen ever since. I just called them, and they're going to send me a change of address form, all my account information again as well as what I need to do online banking, AND they unlocked my account completely. Just like that. So now I have an active Japanese bank account again. Heck yea.

Also coming to Japan for the 4th time is a strange experience. I can't tell if it was my zombie-like state or just that I'm getting used to it, but it wasn't quite the... OMG IM JAPAN!!!!!! feeling I was half expecting. Don't get me wrong, it was there, and I'm suuuper psyched to be here, but it was just different somewhat. Probably because I'm here to work, which is different and cool in its own way as well. The environment is new, but the work is similar to what I've been doing for the past 7 months. The biggest difference from the last time I was here though, is that money is coming in rather than going out. I am so touring the country over the next few years.

By the way, oddly enough jet lag didn't really hit me today. I guess I destroyed my sleep cycle so badly on the way here, that my body didn't care what time zone its in, as long as it can get back on schedule, haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home