Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Traveled to Tokyo Terribly Tired

Well its now… Wed-Wednesday??? Ok, I have completely lost track of time and the days, whew. Anyways I got back to Tokyo this morning. The bus actually got here about 45 minutes ahead of schedule, around 5:15’ish instead of 6.

I’m gonna be staying at a friend’s place for the time being, and I had told him to call me when he wakes up, then I’ll head over to his place. However I got an email from him around 4:45 saying that he had stayed up all night. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I would arrive in Shinjuku ½ hour later. I coulda asked him to stay up just a little while longer so I coulda gone straight to his place. Oh well, I had coupons for McDonalds, and now I’m in an Excelsior Café, so I can be here for several hours if I wanted. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be any abundance of outlets up here, grr.

The bus back this time was… small. It was like airplane seats. I’m not made for airplane seats. For the few times I was finally able to doze off a bit, I would be awoken by a nasty sore in my neck from sleeping weird. Not fun, but cheap. Actually what really got to be is the fact that we waited over 20 minutes for some people that were late. I was kind of hoping I could get one of the open double seats to myself, that way I could, ya know, sit all the way down in a seat. Ok, that’s an exaggeration, but that’s what it felt like. It was really funny, when I stood up in the aisle to get on or off the bus, my head touched the ceiling, where as all the rest of the Japanese on board were a good feet or two away. I sometimes forget how I really am a giant in this country.

Now what ticked me off was not the waiting, in fact, I think that’s a really good thing. I mean, what if someone gets caught up in something or say, someone misjudges their time, and gets to the station right on time, and has to run to the other end of the station to get to the busses. It would be horrible for that person to miss there bus. They even mentioned they were contacting the people who were late. Well hey, that’s really nice for them…


Geeze! I’m 5, 10 min late and the bus is long gone, and none of the bus people seem to care; but these people are 20 min late and we’re still waiting? We still made it back to Tokyo way ahead of schedule too! I guess people from Kansai are a lil bit more lenient on things. People from Tokyo must keep on schedule and have to get everywhere as soon as is physically possible, even if that means running across the platform 20 feet away to the next train waiting. Oy vey, calm down Tokyo. I actually vented this to Kana while I was on the bus, and she’s like, “Yea, most of Japan, espc Tokyo is very precise and on schedule. Osaka/Kansai is just… special”

I guess, yeesh

Anyways, I made it back, so that’s a good thing. My trip is officially over. Now I get to sit and twiddle my thumbs until the 23rd when I finally fly back home after 11 months of being in Japan… why don’t we just round it up to a year. A whole year, it’s be quite a ride. I must say I’m really glad I got over to Kansai, espc Kyoto. I know when I go back everyone will ask me if I went to Kyoto or not, now I can say yes. They’re also gonna ask me if I took the bullet train. To which I will respond, “I have no money” This is also the reason I am staying at friends houses until I go home. Thanks Tom ^^


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home