Friday, March 25, 2011

Tohoku Quake - Day 15

Yesterday evening right after the power came back on I got hit with a nasty stomach bug that, well I'll leave the finer details out, but it was not fun. Apparently it's a bug that's spreading around Japan, and is contagious for up to 5 days? My girlfriend had the same thing last weekend, so I probably got it from her. Fortunately it calmed down by this afternoon, but yeesh, not fun. At least I didn't have to deal with a power outage during the whole endeavor.

Anyways, last night's outage was only 1 1/2 hours rather than the full 3, so that was nice. Today's outage was also canceled, as are the outages planned for the weekend. They've been blasting commercials on TV with the same several AC commercials (aka: public service announcements) about saving energy and such, so maybe that's working? They're also going to be breaking the 5 groups down further into 5 groups each, making for 25 groups total.

Also, there was a radiation scare in the public water found the other day, which not surprisingly caused most stores to sell out on water. From what I saw on the news today though, the levels have already gone down again so it's supposedly safe (not that it was necessarily dangerous in the first place though). If I recall correctly, this happened shortly after it rained, so I wonder if we'll be getting scares like this from time to time when it rains...

We're still having strong aftershocks too, at about one M6+ a day. I'm really looking forward to the day when we don't have a major earthquake/aftershock for a whole 24 hours... At least I'm fortunate to not get anything too strong this way, but you also think it may just be a matter of time. Well, no sense worrying sick about it though. I'll be earthquake-proofing my apartment where I can, but other than that I'm just going to carry on with life as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home